- Purpose of the Web Site. This Web Site is owned by ClosingCorp Inc., a real estate information provider whose services assist consumers and real estate professionals in their search for various real estate closing services including title insurance. We are not engaged in any particular real estate closing service business. We do not provide any of the services that compete with, or are offered by, companies listed in our directories nor do we endorse, recommend or favor any individual or firm listed on this Web Site.
- Closing Service Company Listings; Advertising. This Web Site contains information related to closing service companies (hereinafter referred to as “Listees”) along with other related closing service information. The Listees either provide the information or we obtain the information from various sources generally deemed reliable. Still, we cannot warrant the validity of the information, nor do we guarantee the quality of the services provided by the Listees. Determining the need for real estate closing services is an important decision and requires some analysis. We are not responsible for any material, information or products or services contained in the linked sites or provided by Listees. Although care has been taken to provide the most reliable, accurate and current information, all users of the Web Site are encouraged to make their own independent investigation and evaluation of any Listee that they might engage. In addition, this Web Site may contain advertising and sponsorships. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted by advertisers or sponsors for inclusion on the Web Site is accurate and complies with applicable laws. We will not be responsible for the illegality of, or any error or inaccuracy in, any advertiser’s or sponsor’s materials.
- Rate Disclaimer. Though we make reasonable efforts to ensure that the rates and other data made available on the Web Site are accurate and reliable, this information is not guaranteed and may be subject to other terms and conditions imposed by the provider of such rates or other data. We do not guarantee, and assume no responsibility for, the accuracy, timeliness, correctness, or completeness of such information, all of which is originated by others and made available on the Web Site.In particular, the rates calculated or otherwise made available through the Web Site may differ from those you are actually charged if the details of your transaction differ from those you selected or specified in order to find your rate or service provider. For example, title rates quoted by the provider are generally based on rates in effect on the date of their quote not the closing date and changes in rates can result in changes in the premiums charged. Additional charges may apply, for example, when unusual conditions of title are encountered, when special risks are insured against, or when special services are needed or requested such as title search, exams, certification, closing, inspections, or order cancellations.
- Restrictions and Prohibitions on Use. Except as expressly authorized by us, you shall not and shall cause all of your users to not (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute or otherwise commercially exploit or make available the Web Site to any third party in any way, (ii) access the Web Site in order build a competitive product or service, or (iii) copy, modify, harvest data from, or make any derivative works based upon the Web Site, including without limitation to create a directory of Listees or mailing lists with data retrieved from this Web Site.
- No Title Insurance Advice or Title Insurance-Client Relationship. Information contained on or made available through the Web Site is not intended to and does not constitute closing services advice, referral or recommendations under any circumstance. Nothing submitted to this Web Site is treated as confidential. We do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to the Web Site. Your use of information on the Web Site or materials linked from the Web Site is entirely at your own risk. We are not an insurance or closing service firm and the Web Site is not a title insurance referral service. We do not receive any portion of any title insurance policy or other purchased services and any arrangements subsequently made by you and any title insurance company or other closing service or Listee are strictly between you and such party and do not involve us in any way.
- Transactions and Interactions with Listees or other Third Parties. We will not be liable in any way in connection with, any of the offerings, products or services advertised on or through the Web Site by any user (including Listees), or any sites on the Internet that may be directly or indirectly accessed through links in the Web Site that are not owned and operated by us, including but not limited to liability for any mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content therein. You acknowledge and agree that we are not a party to any transaction between you and any other user, even if that transaction is facilitated, in whole or in part, through the Web Site. YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH ANY OTHER USER, INCLUDING PAYMENT AND DELIVERY OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, AND ANY OTHER TERMS, CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH SUCH DEALINGS, ARE SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND SUCH OTHER USER AND YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT SUCH INTERACTIONS ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU AGREE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND OR NATURE INCURRED AS THE RESULT OF ANY SUCH INTERACTIONS. YOU ALSO UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IF THERE IS A DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND ANY OTHER USER, WE HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO BECOME INVOLVED. YOU HEREBY RELEASE US, OUR OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND SUCCESSORS IN RIGHTS FROM CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES OF EVERY KIND OR NATURE, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH ANY OTHER USER, INCLUDING ANY DISPUTES ARISING IN CONNECTION THEREWITH. YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH SAYS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
- Title Insurance Company and Listee Ethics Notice. If you are a title insurance company or closing service provider participating in any aspect of this Web Site, including but not limited to, message boards, blogs, wikis or e-mail forums, you acknowledge that rules of professional conduct apply to all aspects of your participation and that you will abide by such rules. The rules include, but are not limited to, the rules relating to advertising, solicitation of clients, unauthorized practice of appraising and misrepresentations of fact. We disclaim all responsibility for your compliance with these rules.
- Third-Party Content. Third-party content may appear on this Web Site (for example, in listings or in contributions to interactive features such as forum posts, blogs, wikis and so on) or may be accessible via links from this Web Site. We shall not be responsible for, and have no liability for, any mistakes, misstatements or violations of law, defamation, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, infringements or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content contained in such third-party content appearing on the Web Site. You understand that the information and opinions in such third-party content represent the thoughts of the author exclusively and is not endorsed by us, nor does it reflect our opinions, position or beliefs.You acknowledge that we do not pre-screen or approve advertising, third party links, blogs, forum postings, other third party content (including Your Content) or any related products or services which may be posted on or made available via the Service.If any third-party content includes our Closing.com Registration Seal, you agree that the Seal only signifies that the vendor including the Seal is bound by Closing.com’s Vendor Terms and Conditions and that the Seal neither constitutes an endorsement by us of that vendor, or any of that vendor’s products or services.
- Registration. Certain sections of this Web Site may require you to register. If registration is requested, you agree to provide us with accurate and complete registration information. Your registration must be done using your real name and accurate information, even if the feature permits you to post a question anonymously or interact using a screen name. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to that information by e-mailing email@example.com (or, if we provide an online function to make such changes directly, by using such online function). Each registration is for your personal or company’s use only, unless specifically designated otherwise on the registration page. We do not permit (a) any other person using the registered sections under your name; or b) access through a single name being made available to multiple users on a network. You are responsible for preventing such unauthorized use, as well as for any consequences of such unauthorized use.
- DISCLAIMER. THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (A) THE USE OF THE WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR OPERATE IN COMBINATION WITH ANY SPECIFIC HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, SYSTEM, DATA, OR CONTENT, (B) THE WEB SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, (C) THE QUALITY OF ANY CONTENT, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU OR YOUR USERS, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, THROUGH USE OF THE WEB SITE WILL MEET YOUR OR YOUR USERS’ REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, OR (D) THE WEB SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES TO THE FEATURES, FUNCTIONALITY OR CONTENT OF THE WEB SITE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT ANY NOTICE OR LIABILITY TO YOU.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DAMAGES. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THE WEB SITE AND ITS CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, (B) ANY OF YOUR CONTENT OR ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT ON OR ACCESSIBLE VIA THE WEB SITE (INCLUDING YOUR PARTICIPATION IN MESSAGE BOARDS, BLOGS, WIKIS OR E-MAIL FORUMS AND ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS IN THIS SITE), (C) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THE WEB SITE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, (D) YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE, OR (E) ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU OR YOUR USERS, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, THROUGH USE OF THE WEB SITE. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FOR ANY REASON, EVEN IF WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE EXTENT THAT ANY OF THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY DO NOT APPLY TO YOU OR ARE PROHIBITED BY LAW, OUR SOLE OBLIGATION AND LIABILITY TO YOU FOR DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO $100.
Closing.com is an independent web-search application that does not endorse any insurance company or other closing service provider.